Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic licence encryption  (Read 2776 times)
kraken
Customers
Community Member

« on: August 16, 2007, 07:28:36 AM »

Hi !!

I search a basic encryption system to protect the licence key/unsername of Truevision in our programs.

I think if i write this information as uncrypted string constant in our source code, to initialize the engine, peoples can easly find them into the binary program ... no ?

what methode do you use to protect your licences ?

Thanks.
sybixsus
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:49:23 AM »

None. I understood this would be added TV-side before any public release.
likedonuts
Customers
Community Member

Diesel connoisseur

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »

There are some very clever ways to protect code and plaint text information in your executables.

Check http://www.bitsum.com/

Most hackers don't even get close to crack this systems as it has some very strong protection against reverse engineering debuggers like OLLYDBG and others. This will for sure be a stronger protection than the one TV will come up with. I've tried to "crack" my own pograms packed with PE2, and it's very difficult.

/Mike

information is not wisdom, wisdom is not knowledge, knowledge is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the best - Frank Zappa
kraken
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:46:05 AM »

thanks.

I will see that.

[Edit] No that is not that i need. If you compact an exe, you need to load them ALL in memory when you execute them. I prefere not to use this kind of things Smiley
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:48:18 AM by kraken » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: