Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fex, Rocky, Arius, You guys got morphing to work?  (Read 9464 times)
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 01:07:37 AM »

Ah-hah, excellent.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a very finicky dialup connection during the summer (hence the lack of frequent updates, lately), and for one reason or another, the connection simply will not cooperate with IRC (I've tried connecting via mIRC and the Java app on this website- they both work fine when I'm on hi-speed, but neither option works on this connection).

Is there a copy of the DLL online, by any chance, or could you be so kind as to send it via e-mail? Cheesy ( f e x @ f e x - o n l i n e . c o m )

I appreciate it a lot, and I'm very glad to hear that this problem was addressed so quickly. Cheesy
LuzArius
Community Member

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 03:22:40 AM »

Quote from: "fex"
Ah-hah, excellent.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a very finicky dialup connection during the summer (hence the lack of frequent updates, lately), and for one reason or another, the connection simply will not cooperate with IRC (I've tried connecting via mIRC and the Java app on this website- they both work fine when I'm on hi-speed, but neither option works on this connection).

Is there a copy of the DLL online, by any chance, or could you be so kind as to send it via e-mail? Cheesy ( f e x @ f e x - o n l i n e . c o m )

I appreciate it a lot, and I'm very glad to hear that this problem was addressed so quickly. Cheesy

sent Wink
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »

Jackpot: the new DLL fixes the original seaming problem, as well as the problem with the fingers. Long live TV3D. Grin
SylvainTV
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 03:06:58 PM »

Yey glad to see it fixes all :p
Hopefully it will work 100 % now heh

Regards

Sylvain Dupont
TrueVision3D Developer
sylvain@truevision3d.com

TV3D IRC at http://chat.truevision3d.com or on server irc.truevision3d.com #Truevision3D. Come talk with us !
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 12:23:09 AM »

Hmmm, I hate to bring this discussion up after I was so sure the problem was fixed, but it seems I've run into something very similar to this again.

The Pipeline:
1) Create half a character, uv him, texture him
2) Mirror the half-character over, weld all vertices with a nominal threshold.
3) Weight to a skeleton
4) Export to "myCharacter.TVA"
5) Delete the skeleton so all that's left is the geometry
6) Export the geometry to "morphingBase.TVM"
7) Apply a Push modifier to the geometry (so I can test morphing)
8 ) Export the Pushed geometry to "morphingTarget.TVM"

The Problems:
When I load in "myCharacter.TVA" using "morphringBase.TVM" as a morph reference, then I try to morph to "morphingTarget.TVM", I get two problems.

1) Some vertices in the eyesocket (but only his left eyesocket) are yanked out of position if any morphing is applied, no matter how strongly the morphs are applied, or how many morphs are applied. I can't tell for sure, but the affected vertices seem to be moving to (0,0,0) in world space. These vertices do not move as I morph in and out: if I have any morphing applied, they instantly jump to their new location and stay there until I turn all morphing back off.

2) A seam of edges in the foot (but only his left foot) do not morph at all: just like the problem we experienced before.

If seeing the MAX 8 file or the TVA/TVM files would help, I'll gladly send them over. Cheesy
LuzArius
Community Member

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 11:36:06 AM »

Hmmm are you using 3d studio max by any chance?
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »

Max 8.
LuzArius
Community Member

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »

How many bones are assigned to that vertex that is out of whack?
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »

Only one: "HEAD"

Just to be sure, though, I'll go screw around with the weights and see if I can change anything.
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 09:23:24 PM »

Ah-hah. Well, this is good and bad. The good news is that by deleting all of my rigging info, both problems disappeared. The bad news is that I can't seem to remember making any changes to any of the rigging information since the last time this was functional. XD

Ah, well- good call with the weighting suggestion! Cheesy
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:38 PM »

Couldn't let this one die easy, tonight, so I went back to some old versions of this file, to see if I could figure out what I had accidentally screwed up that caused this problem all of a sudden. What I discovered is that, for some reason, all of those old files I haven't touched in ages now have the same problem. I export the actor, a copy of the actor as morphBase.tvm, then export a morph target (I've tested with simple Push modifiers and more detailed modifications). When I load them into TV3D, I get seams and vertices aligning with my root bone or (0,0,0)- I can't tell for sure which.

But what really throws me for a loop is that the seams and nonfunctional vertices are always different: sometimes the seam is around the arm and a toe vertex gets moved, sometimes the seam around the foot gets frozen while eyesocket vertices get moved, sometimes it's fingertips...

I haven't made any modifications to my morphing code or any pertinent/related code at all since I last had morphing functional, I haven't updated my MTV3D65.dll since May, I haven't [knowingly] changed any preferences in Max, and I haven't updated the TVA exporters for a long, long time. All of this leaves me wondering where in the world this problem came from.

The fact that deleting rigging solves the problem seems to clearly indicate that whatever the problem is, it's related to bones. Anyway, I'm gonna go sleep and hope that this problem magically disappears- and I've reopened the bug report just in case that doesn't happen. Once again, I'm very willing to share the Max/TVA/TVM files if any of the dev guys would benefit from seeing them.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: