Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: actor.SetBoneRotation: buggy absolute rotations.  (Read 2963 times)
fex
Customers
Community Member

« on: June 04, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »

VB.NET, latest MTV3D65.dll.

Problem 1: When using absolute values, the bone's position is shifted to its parent bone. I've tried on other bones with the same results: the head bone gets shoved down with the neck bone, the lower leg gets crammed up to the hips with the upper leg, etc.

I've submitted a bug report.

(Also, not sure whether this is 6.5 specific or not. This thread might belong in the Bugs forum.)
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:58:31 PM »

Problem 2: It appears that turning bRelative to False doesn't actually do anything (except for causing Problem #1). The rotations, as you can see in the following screenshots, are still handled relative to the bone's axes, even when bRelative is set to False. If the rotations were being handled absolutely, instead of relative to the bone's axes, then all the bones would rotate in the same direction, but instead, they all rotate according to their own axes. (Apologies for the redundancy. Just trying to make sure I'm explaining the problem thoroughly. XD)

SylvainTV
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:40:56 AM »

OK I'm going to look at this problem.
For the "absolute" rotation, i think the problem is that the translation isn't not kept (the matrix is totally replaced)

Regards

Sylvain Dupont
TrueVision3D Developer
sylvain@truevision3d.com

TV3D IRC at http://chat.truevision3d.com or on server irc.truevision3d.com #Truevision3D. Come talk with us !
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »

Righty- good luck and god speed! If you need any files to test with, just lemme know. Cheesy
fex
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »

(gentle bump!)

Also, after the short conversation on IRC, I wanna make sure the second problem is being clearly conveyed.

You've already addressed the first problem: with bones losing their translation when using absolute rotations.

The second problem is that absolute rotations don't seem to actually set absolute rotation values.

Ideally, if I were to set four different bones to the same set of absolute rotation values, they would all be pointing in the same direction. Right now, however, if you set the same set of absolute rotation values to four different bones, each one will point in a different direction depending on what their initial rotation was.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: