Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Changes  (Read 7607 times)
darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« on: May 28, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »

Since spammers have targetted us in the recent months with bogus user registrations, I have begun to take action against them.  First, I have begun removing the accounts and banning various free email servers, as well as known spammer email domains.  Second, I took away their free advertising, by removing the user website from the profile page.  Until the new site launches I will slowly be removing features of this site, to make it less appealing to the spammers.  I also have begun my own personal campaign against these forum spammers.  I have already started the legal process to get the registrant name of 10 domains that were used to create in excess of 1000 accounts on our servers, and I will continue to pursue those that live in the US to the fullest extent of the law.  The excess bandwidth used by these spammers costs us hundreds a month in extra charges, and I will no longer tolerate it.  It's time someone stood up to these people, and took away their sources of income at their roots.

DS

TrueVision3D Project Manager
The fast and simple way of 3D development.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: