Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Upgrade Notice  (Read 5879 times)
darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« on: November 29, 2006, 01:29:34 AM »

Please be aware that over the next few days we will be upgrading both the server hardware and website.  During this time there may be various periods where the site is unreachable, or where you receive errors when visiting the page.  Please just sit tight and let us work everything out during this major upgrade.

This upgrade includes the move to our all new dedicated server for the website which should fix any issues people had with slow response during heavy periods of activity.  This new server is approximately 5x faster than our previous server, with the same amount of memory, however now TV3D will be the only heavy traffic website on the machine.  The machine will also be used to host the Wiki, TVDN, GDRL (www.game-development.net) and all of our various domains, however none of these websites generate the traffic that these very forums do.

Also with this upgrade is coming a move to Plimus for our order processing.  Plimus has aquired Order1.net and will start taking orders for us as of December 1st, 2006.

And then finally with this upgrade we will be debuting the all new website for TV3D 6.5.  This website contains all new information, plus many new community features for everyone to enjoy.  All of this is in preperation for the 6.5 open beta, scheduled to start shortly.  (No, I will not give a concrete date as of yet, please stop asking me via IM, email, PM, and my personal cell phone.)

We are hoping to make this transition as smooth as possible, but as you can imagine with an upgrade this large, with this many various pieces there are bound to be some bumps.  We ask that you bear with us during this transition, and help me out by pointing out any problems you might see.  Thank you, and enjoy!

DS

TrueVision3D Project Manager
The fast and simple way of 3D development.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: