Here is a (non-exhaustive) change-log for this release
- Splatting Shader / Optimization splatAlpha (3x without lightmap / 4x with lightmap) in PS2 shader mode. It's interesting for people using more than 4 layers per chunk. It divides the number of passes by 3.
- ModelView 100% cpu active fixed
- Now Actor CPU mode with custom shader works with bump mode (with tangent info)
- Glow / Motion blur fix with custom viewports
- Added GetkeyFrame for texture cycles
- Added Maya 2009 Exporter to setup
- Filtering taking in account in shader texture autoload
- Added TVPhysics.SetMaxEventCount to set the max of Newton events
- Added DrawQuadWithShader (to complete DrawFullscreenQuadWithShader)
- Fixed international BillboardText, international characters didn't work
- Fixed ColorWriteEnable on MRT, enabled on all Rendersurfaces now.
more stuff that I didn't mention here !
Now the engine will use the latest DX10 compiler to compile internal and custom shader effect files by default. Before it was using the DX9 compiler from D3DX9_31.dll for backwards compatibility purpose. If you have any problem with the new compiler, you can switch back by using TVEngine.SetEffectCompileMode(False). However it's better to run with the latest version of the HLSL compiler, it is constantly updated and improved and makes faster shaders !
A new feature though :
- Added Alpha To Coverage to mesh/minimesh. It allows to improve a lot the alphatested meshes when you use antialiasing ! Use SetAlphaToCoverage function on Mesh and Minimesh to try it ! It works on latest ATI and Nvidia cards ! The good thing is that you get good alphablended borders even without alpha sorting !