Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [pics + dl] Map Editor  (Read 5098 times)
RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« on: October 30, 2011, 10:58:21 PM »

I couldn't decide whether or not to post this in the development board or the showcase board because it is really quite finished but not fully tweaked for release, so I put it in here.  Though not many people seem to be on here anymore, I'm sure there are more readers than posters, so now that the spam is gone, I figured this has been sitting around long enough.

Anyways, I've had this editor for a (long) while and thought I'd share some pics.  I'd post more about it but I picked a bad time on my end to post this and don't have much time to spare.  The basic idea was to make a 100% neutral scene editor that can be used in an infinite number of ways/projects.  The editor was built from the ground up with this in mind, and as many tiny features in the back of TV that could be put into the editor have been.

Some of these shots are old and may or may not reflect the editor as it is now, and certainly don't cover all of the features.  These are just some of the random pics I had on hand.  For your viewing pleasure:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:58:09 PM by RuntimeError101 » Logged
RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »

Download here
(no install + demo maps included)

Let me know what you think and if you come across any problems.

Controls:
WASD-Move camera
Q/E-Move up/down
Shift-Speed up
Right click-Rotate camera
Middle click-Pan camera
Scoll-Move forward/backward
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:12:01 PM by RuntimeError101 » Logged
beyonder
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 03:03:27 AM »

I tried it. It's a beautiful map editor. What would be the steps to use it in our projects?

I couldn't figure out how to paint my map though. I love the sculpting features.

Really nice job!  Smiley

"And what I saw scared me to the depths of my miserable soul. It was true, it was all a sham, it ain't real." - The Thirteenth Floor
RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »

Thanks for trying it out!

For painting, you need to enable splitting on the landscape and set a texture as one of the splat textures in the properties.  I may upload a changed version that clarifies that a bit.

As far as maps go, I'm working on a loader for multiple languages or a spec for the format (tv map/xml/tv package) for easy integration.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: