Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imperium Magica - RPG maker with Truevision 6.5 Beta  (Read 19498 times)
AriusEso
Customers
Community Member

Esoteric

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »

I've been meaning to say this for a while Beyonder, never got around too it, awesome quote in your signature from a phenomenal cult movie. 13th floor is pure awesome sauce. Smiley

-...-

Dimple
Community Member

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »

Smiley

Download worked fine tonight.

Thanks!

Using VB.NET, TV3D 6.5, Win 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Know how to ask. There is nothing more difficult for some people, nor for others, easier."

- Baltasar Gracian
beyonder
Community Member

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 06:59:08 AM »

Thanks Arius. I've watched it umteen times. Check out the Simulation Argument and Nick Bostrom, Oxford University. According, we ARE living inside a computer simulation.  Tongue

"And what I saw scared me to the depths of my miserable soul. It was true, it was all a sham, it ain't real." - The Thirteenth Floor
peteym5
Community Member

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »

What the hell does golf have to do with my RPG maker? Is that one of those damn webbots again? They probably found a way to get around the webbot blocker.

I hope to incorporate better graphics into newer versions. Right now I am concentrating on getting to client (game player) up and running with the new features.

I like where things are going with forests on terrain areas. Obviously taking a detailed tree mesh and cloning it millions of times will bog down the CPU, so my solution is only put these detailed tree meshes near where game action takes places and put these lower polygon forest meshes further away from where the game action is. I have another game concept I've been developing and ran into similar issues of wanting forests being a barrier along the scenery edges.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:22:13 PM by peteym5 » Logged
peteym5
Community Member

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »

I am releasing version .99D beta today. Date 05/07/11

Added a few more head shapes and hair styles to the "Holohuman" characters. I wanted to have more variety of characters available for these games. I did some adjustment with all the character meshes, made them more solid and less gaps.

The characters and usable items now use Tangent Lighting Mode, while the rest of the map scene use Normal Lighting Mode. I am most likely not going have Tangent Lighting Mode set on by default for these Role Playing Games because bogs down the CPU. With all the different computer systems out there, I want to keep the frame rate over 60 and moving smooth.

A blind update was within a day after, still .99D. Fixed an issue with animated billboard characters and fixed control panel positioning in the editor.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:45:20 PM by peteym5 » Logged
EzikialX
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »

Looks very cool.  I like how you have implemented the creation of scene elements.  I was toying with this idea for my game, and was going to take a somewhat more role playing/crafting approach for new objects.

Keep up the good work though Smiley

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
peteym5
Community Member

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »

I am releasing the final beta version of Imperium Magica along with removing the version that runs under 6.3. The 6.3 version is buggy and I do not find it worthwhile to spend time debugging that version along with the 6.5 version. With all the conversions and porting going on in the last year, it is very prone to errors.

This version includes the game player (client program) that can load in and play the games. It is still in the beta stage and I am still debugging it. If you find any issues, let me know and they will be corrected by the next release.

Something I might be starting up in the near future is design and work on "Imperium Magica Online."  This will be a MMORPG variant of this RPG maker. Going to be using the same graphic map scenery setup. Major differences will be in the data storage section will have to converted to run with multi-player environment. The RPG maker database structure does not support on an online game. I am considering not using database files (access, .net, foxpro, etc) because they seem bulkier for what we have to do. I am looking at the ideal of a custom internal data structure that is easier for a server to handle with many people playing.

I have seen postings over the years regarding people starting up MMORPGs but they never seem to finish anything. I know there is a lot of work involved in making these things. One mistake people make is they did not do a smaller version to test and debug the routines. By doing an RPG maker first, I have all the graphics and programming figured out. I just have to come up with data table files set up for online play.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:00:38 PM by peteym5 » Logged
peteym5
Community Member

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »

I have got around to doing a few upgrades for this RPG Builder / Maker. First thing I had to do was make sure it runs on more modern versions of Windows like XP, Vista, 7. Phased out most of the DirectX 8, VB6, and DAO components. Working on a different Database setup that could support both local RPG and online MMORPG. It is also going to simplify and speed up setting up a game.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: