Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FPS problem  (Read 9608 times)
kamilts
Community Member

« on: November 13, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »

Hello everybody!
First of all , sorry, but my language isn't perfect Wink

And now is my problem. I must build a laboratory where I have something like this:

It's quite big, almost 10 k poly. When I put it into my scene my FPS are drop down to 20 from 50... Sad Is there any way taht I can repair it or optimize my scene. Maybe in TV are any functions that i can speed up my scene?

THX

P.S I can't use any Alpha chanel coz it's very imoprtant thing in my project.
If this thread is't on right place just replace it Smiley
purri
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »

I think you must use LOD to prevent it draw every polycons on seen. But im not sure
micmanos
Customers
Community Member

ExoPilot

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

If you're making a world (a lab in this case) you should go with a BSP tree. It's faster and allows better culling than a mesh.

kamilts
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »

Hmm... BSP tree. If my lab has only to rooms it's a good idea ??

And what about Level Oo Detail? how can I use it(some functions?). I've searched and found nothing.
It's my first time with TV.
arnienet
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »

Fps performance can depend on a few things. Mainly poly count, mesh optimisations, LOD and Graphics card performance.

I run an nVidia 9400, 128bit, 512Mb GFX card and when I have a scene with 78,000 polys, character animation and alpha blending, I get 115 fps @ 1024x768 in windowed mode.

With this in mind and depending on your GFX card, I suspect you probably have errors in your model. If you have holes in your model or many duplicate and unwelded vertices, or a source texture that does not have the dimensions of the order of 2^n, like  512x512, 1024x1024 or 512x1024 for example, this will significantly reduce the fps. Also you could split your model into segments and load them all to make one Lab. The ones that are not visible will not be drawn by the GFX by default in TV3D.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:11:36 AM by arnienet » Logged

Total Dev time = 50% to code, 50% to test, 50% to find errors, 50% to fix, that's why it takes twice as long.

Dawn World MMO
kamilts
Community Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:31:45 AM »

My lab consist of separate walls. So taht's bad ? I should weld those verts ? But the fps drop down only when I load my object. I don't have any textures and materials yet. I want to finish my model first.
My whole scene has 30,000 polys. So that's quite few.
Split into segments? You think about loading rooms into scene in different objects ??

EDIT:
And another question. TV in my case draw everything on start(?) So, how can I make that TV will drwa only camera view?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:05:44 AM by kamilts » Logged
SylvainTV
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »

No TV does not draw everyting on start. It just draws the meshs that are visible in the camera view.

But yes too many meshes is not very good for the engine and the 3D card. If the walls don't move too often, you could just precompute the entire walls once and in one or several meshes, but not one mesh per wall for example.

Regards

Sylvain Dupont
TrueVision3D Developer
sylvain@truevision3d.com

TV3D IRC at http://chat.truevision3d.com or on server irc.truevision3d.com #Truevision3D. Come talk with us !
kamilts
Community Member

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »

My walls are one mesh.

I have another problem. I made a exe file. It's work on my PC but on different PCs it doesn't work. How can I make my exe to be "multiplatform" ? I should export a TV lib or what ?
scottpipper
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »

Maybe youre not getting the right polycount, as your scene in max shows over 50.000 polygons, that can be doubled when you convert the object from poly to mesh or use trinagles instead of Quads, I would first convert all the objects on the scene to mesh, to have the right polygon count, as meshes have the same polycount in TV and max.
If you look at your screen you see that not all edges are shown. 
HabenKenis
Community Member

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »

I Can not  get any higher than 11 FPS in Trine,  I have  tried everything but none of tips worked for me to fix my issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: