Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New release...  (Read 11970 times)
darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« on: April 28, 2008, 11:00:43 PM »

Now that we have source control back online we are able to get the latest release out to everyone.  I have rebuilt the setup scripts, as well, which allow us to add and remove files much easier then before.  We also have a much larger full release this time around, as we have added the Foamy's great media kit which gives you test models to start with right away.

I had planned on having the release out to everyone by now, but I want to be sure I didn't miss anything before I release.  There are a lot of tool updates, and some fixes/additions to the license sign utility for customers.

I am also working on the documentation pipeline, which will give us the ability to update the docs in real time, as well as directly link topics to the wiki where users can add their own comments on each function/class.

Stay tuned!

John

TrueVision3D Project Manager
The fast and simple way of 3D development.
darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »

Things are moving along with the release.  I had planned on having it out already, however a customer feature request has held it up a few days while we complete the new integration and testing.  I am also taking this time to drop in the converted samples for various languages, link up some new documents, and build out the MSDN-style documentation base.  The release will be out this weekend at the latest, and a changelog will be posted at that time listing the various updates.  Thanks!

John

darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:07:02 PM »

Yes, the release is still coming.  Don't let the random complaint threads worry you, it's still early Sunday here -- which according to my calendar still qualifies as the weekend.  Unfortunately it is also Mothers Day, and I will be headed in to see my mum for a few hours -- good thing there's still over 12 hours left today.

We moved the files over to our new SVN last night which was suprisingly easy.  There was a bit of a delay with the new feature requested by a customer, but we're going to release without it for now so that the other additions can be used by everyone.

Once I get final confirmation from Sylvain that all is good on the latest revisions I will complete one more build and start the setup build processes and uploads to the mirrors.

I had to put in a support request with the people who make our documentation builder.  Somehow the CHM is missing most of the table of contents all of the sudden, even though it works fine in the Help2 and HTML outputs.  Strange.  I am going to rebuild the TOC from scratch real quick and see if that helps.  Either way the base website should be uploaded later, but until we copy in more content most of the pages are the placeholders.

John

darqSHADOW
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »

We ran into a few bugs that is preventing us from getting the release out today.  There is a problem with the CPU-mode actors, and the updates to the particle shader have made billboards stretch improperly.  Sylvain's weekend lasts through Monday, so he will be working on these two issues tomorrow, and I will build the setups and retest the bugs once I get home from the office.

Sorry for the delay, but critical bugs like this cannot be released.

John

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: