Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Exporting a Pose as a Mesh in 3dsMax  (Read 5015 times)
sybixsus
Customers
Community Member

« on: October 14, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »

I have an animted model ( which exports just fine as an actor ) but I'd also like to export some static meshes from this for background/scenery models. I think it's probably a 3dsMax issue rather than a TV3D issue, but I can't really find a way to do that. Exporting a mesh just exports the reference pose, not the pose on a given frame. Is there perhaps a way to "bake" the animation pose into a model? I'm using the Skin modifier, if that makes a difference.

SOLUTION:

I was given the solution by a user on another forum. It's embarrassingly simple, so I'll eat humble pie while you read the solution. You just need to collapse the skin modifier on the stack, while the frame you want is selected on the track bar. I guess this might well work with physique too, but I haven't tried it. Just in case anyone searches for this in the future, there's your answer and my humiliation Tongue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:36:58 PM by sybixsus » Logged
Raine
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:46:49 AM »

Hello sybixsus, you could mark the post as [Solved] for the record Smiley

sybixsus
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »

Sure. Personally, I always found this [SOLVED] stuff in the topic titles irritating to the eye, but if people like it, why not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: