Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Autodesk Maya 2008 plugin export supported?  (Read 31039 times)
sammael
Community Member

« on: February 03, 2008, 03:17:11 AM »

is the tva/tvm exporter plugin for maya 2008 supported?
GD
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 04:27:12 AM »

Please visit http://www.truevision3d.com/forums/index.php?topic=17277.0
Smiley
MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »

As of 22 Feb 2008, no, there is still no Maya 2K8 TVA/TVM exporter.

sammael
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »

hmmm march 6 2008, any news regarding the import export plug-in
MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

As of 18 Mar 2008, no, there is still no Maya 2K8 TVA/TVM exporter.

vsleepy
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »

you know what. the date is put at the top of each post. amazing, i know! If you had paid for commercial software, you may have a leg to stand on. but a) tv6.5 is still in beta, b) you're yet to contribute towards it development effort.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:32:36 PM by vsleepy » Logged
Raine
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:06 PM »

it's also true that this is probably the longest beta ever... perhaps not. there's still duke nukem. Tongue just joking!
I'm sure Sylv and co. will fix stuff in due time.

sammael
Community Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »

im on a diffrent time zone.  Cheesy eastern, so were advance
MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

you know what. the date is put at the top of each post. amazing, i know! If you had paid for commercial software, you may have a leg to stand on. but a) tv6.5 is still in beta, b) you're yet to contribute towards it development effort.

Who is this twerp?

In my almost 20 years of professional game development, I've never made a habit of paying for basic functionality in the hope that it'll come about eventually.  Or do you know of some other way I am supposed to test a beta (and thereby "contribute towards it development effort") without an exporter?

@!#$ n00b.

RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »

Uhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but vsleepy has more posts than you, has been here longer, and is a customer and you're not.  Who're you calling a n00b?  Not to start anything ugly, but sheesh, calm down...
aspurgeon
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball !!!
newborn
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »

Uhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but vsleepy has more posts than you, has been here longer, and is a customer and you're not.

Hummm... well see, even if Milo doesn't have to prove his qualities (regardless of number of posts, which would be the most miserable way of evaluating one's ability), he still has a point here: there are some functionalities that a TV3D user would be expecting from such a high quality 3D engine such as Truevision3D. Depending which area they're concentrating, these users might be looking for octrees, plug-ins/exporters or documentation. It gets really frustrating when you're stuck at one point in your dev. because the engine is lacking this or that. I think this is what Milo was trying to express... but mind you, there are probably nicer ways to voice oneself without having to call people (funny) names.

RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »

Well, yes I was really just focusing on the "n00b" part...  Smiley
MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »

Well, yes I was really just focusing on the "n00b" part...  Smiley

He is a n00b, straight up.

I don't care that he has made a bunch of posts and paid for TV3D (which is a great engine -- when you can export your art).  I've been a professional game artist and programmer for nigh two decades.  Anyone who's been making games for a tenth of that time knows how stupid it is to berate someone for not contributing to a beta when a lack of something as basic as an exporter precludes doing so.

That's like telling someone to stop complaining about not being able to test drive a car because the manufacturer forgot to install the steering column.  Only some smarmy fanboy who has deluded himself into thinking he knows his sh!t would jump to the manufacturer's defense in such a case.

Some people really need to make sure they know WTF they're talking about before they bring their college boy attitude downtown.

Now, if I have to buy TV3D before I can export art from Maya 2K8, that's another discussion.  It wouldn't make any sense at all, and I've seen no indication that this is the case, but if it's so, then I'd like to know.

Quote from: RuntimeError101
Not to start anything ugly, but sheesh, calm down...
That's up to everyone else, man.  I have made many posts to these forums, all of them civil.  If someone is going to bring some smug little attitude, though, then all bets are off.

GD
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:16:01 AM »

take a chill pill

eh btw vsleepy is sylvain's younger sister
sammael
Community Member

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »

who started it anyways?

some of us maybe noobs but some of you are noobs with regards to basic psychology and ethics.

please be sensitive when posting replies
people have diffrent personalities. some of them gets offended easily.
that is called respect i guess.

please dont scare away possible customer.
were just asking that a car were "trying to buy" from them is missing a steering wheel.

i think the word is evaluation.
our "evaluation" on tv is that its missing an exporter, and by posting we hope that we could get the attention of tv developers so that it could be included in next release or by other means.

and please dont brag the words "if u dont like it then dont buy it". were just asking if it had steering wheel then it'd be better car. thats a simple analogy, please dont make it more complicated. ive already met more than enough people that says this and that, and they all made themeselves look stupid.

less talk, less mistake.

sammael
Community Member

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

bout what is said(posted), im taking it back. i said to much. sorry if i offended anyone. Embarrassed
MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Sammael, we are 100% perfectly justified in repeatedly asking where the Maya 2K8 exporters are.

Maya is one of the two highest-profile, most popular modeling and animation packages in the world.

2K8 is the latest version, and it has been out for almost a year.

What's more, chances are good that it isn't even a big deal to compile the exporter for use with 2K8.  I've written several Maya C++ plug-ins myself, and I re-compiled and released a modified version of the 2K8 version of the DTS exporter back when I was using TGEA.  I don't want to say for sure that this is the case with TV's exporters, in the event that updates to the Maya API have significantly impacted their code, but it is highly unlikely.

It's just weird to me that TV offers the beta to the public without providing any exporters for the latest version of Maya (which, again, has been out for a long time, now).  Absent pertinent information known only to TV's coders at this time, that makes no sense.  It's a real shame, too, because TV3D seems to be a very good engine; I had a lot of fun playing with it until I hit the Maya 2K8 wall.

I would settle for an explanation, at this point, instead of some dangling carrot.  If I'm not going to be able to evaluate the engine further because I can't import my art, then please let me know so I can stop wasting my time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:14:58 PM by MiloDC » Logged

MiloDC
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »

it's also true that this is probably the longest beta ever... perhaps not. there's still duke nukem. Tongue just joking!
I'm sure Sylv and co. will fix stuff in due time.

They'll probably fix stuff, sure, but "due time" passed long ago.

Those of us who are experienced coders can create our own work-arounds, in most cases.  Sad to say I can't say the same for less experienced and non- coders.

Fortunately, the engine is fast enough and structured well enough that this isn't a common need (on an individual basis, at least).  Sylvain and company really need to make sure that the basics are covered, though.

RuntimeError101
Customers
Community Member

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »

Hmm... I suppose you're probably right.  Although my frustration is hardly through the roof like yours, you're awfully persuasive...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: