Search Home Members Contacts
About Us
Products
Downloads
Community
Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3dsmax 2009 export freeze  (Read 5089 times)
Ywa*NL
Community Member

« on: January 31, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export a model (with bones) to TVA. But when I export it, 3dsmax freezes. With exactly the same model (and using 3dsmax 9, not 2009) he also got a freeze. I even can't export a simple box as TVA/TVM or X file. It seems it hangs on "Extracting skinning data...".

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Since I want to use my model in my TV3D project.

Thanks in advance!

Yours faithfully,
Ywa
tessm
Community Member

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »

The exporter do not seem to work for a whole lot of ppl.

We ended up using Panda Exporter so we could export them to .X format, and then load the exported model with ModelViewer (One of the tools that you get when installing the TV3D 6.5 SDK) and save the model as TVA/TVM etc.

Btw, you can load .X models just fine with TV3D ( Actor->LoadXFile, Actor->Load )

Good luck ^^
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:26:45 PM by tessm » Logged
Ywa*NL
Community Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »

Using Panda Export I can get a TVM version of a model. But I can't import the X file as an animated model in Modelviewer ("Failed to load the model").

How come Huh

Edit
Everything works fine now (exporting through the TV3D exporter). I upgraded to the latest version, although I'm sure I already did. But well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:17:22 PM by Ywa*NL » Logged
SylvainTV
Administrator
Community Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »

Yes, we had fixed the "crashing at 25%" bug recently, the latest version is working for that.

If someone else has still this problem, please redownload the SDK, and make sure you're using the latest plugin.

Regards

Sylvain Dupont
TrueVision3D Developer
sylvain@truevision3d.com

TV3D IRC at http://chat.truevision3d.com or on server irc.truevision3d.com #Truevision3D. Come talk with us !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: